Saturday, April 16

THE IN BETWEEN

Philippians 1:6, “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:”
I love going to Daytona Beach, Florida for vacation. My parents would take my sister and I to Daytona every summer for years. Now that I have a family of my own, Daytona Beach and Orlando has become one of our favorite places to get some R&R and see Mickey Mouse!
I always hated the drive in between Indianapolis and Daytona Beach when I was a kid. I just wanted to get there but my parents never flew. We would drive 18 hours straight through. Now I drive my family to Florida and make my kids go throught the torment I experienced as a youngster. But now I actually enjoy it. I have come to a place where I appreciate the experiences as we drive down the interstate. We have some memorable moments driving this long stretch of highway that we often talk and laught about.
Spiritually, God has been dealing with me about the “in between season" of our spiritual journey. I have a many dreams to accomplish for the Kingdom of God as many of you do. I have come to a place where I’m enjoying the journey and not so consumed with the end result. As my Pastor says, “ministry is not a ladder you climb, but a journey you walk.” I am enjoying the journey and I’m actually greatful for the pain and struggle of the “in between.” It is our struggle that makes us who we really are.
Let me explain. I believe that there is always pain and struggle in between your dream and your destiny. Every great man or woman of God has faced some sort of pain or tribulation as they’ve pursued their destiny.
·        Jacob had ugliness (Leah) in between his promise and his princess (Rebekah).
·        David had a Goliath in between his field and his throne
·        Joseph had a pit in between his dream and destiny
·        Daniel had a den of lions in between his gift and his greatest revelations
·        Gideon had a poor mindset to conqueor in between his call and his courage to lead
·        Jesus had a cross in between the creation of His people and the ransoming of His people
All of these great men had to press through their “in between season”. Your pain will either propel you to a platform or paralyze you where you are.
Don’t give up in between your dream God birthed in your spirit and fulfillment of your destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment